It is important to make sure your online press release efforts help boost your company’s search engines rankings, it is also essential to consider what happens after people stumble upon your news releases. Do not forget that you are not just writing for search engines. Effective press releases are targeted toward both search engines and readers. Here are some tips:
- Make headlines convincing. Press release headlines should be short and catchy. Make each word count.
- Hook the reader with the first paragraph. The first line should be enticing, concise and direct to the point. It should summarize the five W’s: who, what, where, when and why.
- Use anchor text links. Hyperlink your keywords to pages on your blog that are optimized for the same keywords to ensure that when press release syndication network distributes the content, your keywords are still hyperlinked to the content that you are promoting.
- Put a strong invitation for action. You have caught your reader’s attention, now you should invite them to take action. This could be for them to visit the blog, subscribe via RSS or sign up for email alerts on new posts.
- Choose an interesting press release topic. You should publish a release about your most popular posts. Focus your release on the trend.