1. Everything looks old and outdated. If you haven’t done any updates on your website for years after its creation, then I am sure there’s no need to ask if you should go for a redesign or not. The thing with websites is that once they are created, updating will always be a continuous activity. As technology quickly changes, so is your website’s need to go with these changes. Take this as a step to a better corporate/brand/business identity.
2. It’s dry and boring. A blog article entitled How Design Drives Your Website explains how design helps attract more people in visiting your website. With the world paying a huge attention to visual content nowadays, the necessity of design in websites is definitely something not to be ignored about. Read the article on Seven Website Design Rules and learn some tips on how to build nicely designed websites.
3. It doesn't work well. Nothing can get worse than having a website that exists but does not work. There are a lot of reasons why a website would not work well. Top reasons are: a) Poor coding b) Poor SEO c) Poor design d) Poor hosting service While there’s nothing wrong with relying on free services, professionally made websites often go for full-service (paid) services because they provide the complete services and maintenance that website needs that result to better outcomes.
4. User interface is not friendly. One of the things you should consider when you’re deciding whether to have a website redesign or not is the functionality of its user interface. The article Ten Things Your Website Should Have mentioned the importance of easy navigation to users as these serve as guides that should take your visitors to the information they are seeking for quickly and easily.
5. It does not serve its purpose. A website does not serve its purpose when: a) it does not generate traffic, b) it generates traffic but does not gain sales. If either of the two is happening to you, then it is time to take a step forward and do something about it. This may be a good time to find rooms for improvement and analyze if you executed your marketing objectives very well. Here are some good questions that will help you determine your website’s problems.