The web is filled up with creatively designed websites that are aesthetically admirable but not as accessible in search engines as they should be. Search Engine Optimization is a process of ensuring that your website gets found easily on search engines. Search Engine Optimization has two main types-the On Page optimization and Off Page optimization. On-Page simply refers to the components within the page. On-page elements include:
In order to rank well in natural search results, On-Page optimization must be done correctly. Below are some suggestions on how to optimize your On-Page.
2) Optimize existing content. Search engines do check on the words in your body text, that is why it is essential to have your content optimized. Incorporate your keywords and remember that formatting is also helpful.
3) Watch your Meta Description. Meta descriptions are used to provide short description on what the site is all about in search results. While there is an argument whether Meta Descriptions really do have an effect on search engine rankings, it is best to have one because they play an important role on search results and internet marketing.
4) Mind your Keywords. The keywords that you include in your site contribute a large factor on how your readers and search engines find you. Always make sure your keywords are relevant. Also, remember that you should balance your keywords. Do not stuff your website with too much keyword or else, search engines will penalize you.
5) Add XML or Google site maps. Adding a site map makes it easier for search engine spiders and your visitors to locate the information of your site.
6) Keep an eye on URLS. Search engine spiders also look at the URL of the page itself. The words you use and the length of the URL also significant factors. After optimizing on-page details of your website, you’ll notice the changes after a few months. A good On-Page SEO guarantees improved ranking, traffic and credibility.